In all versions of the Madden NFL 18 and other games like NFL 17, you have to get a good team. It does not matter if you play Football on the mobile app or console. You want to have good stats for certain players. For example: You have to get a quarterback with good stats for Throw Power, Throw Accuracy, Throw on the Run, Play Action to make sure you optimize your plays. Skills like Run Blocking are not that important for this position. Below you can find a list of stats that are important for each position in Madden NFL 18 and Madden Mobile.
The list of important stats
- Quarterback: Throw Power, Throw Accuracy, Throw on the Run, Play Action
- Running Back: Speed, Acceleration, Agility, Elusiveness, Trucking
- Fullback: Impact Blocking
- Wide Receiver: Speed, Release, Route Running, Awareness, Catching, Catch in Traffic, Spectacular Catch, Agility, Acceleration
- Tight End: Release, Route Running, Awareness, Catching, Catch in Traffic, Spectacular Catch, Agility, Acceleration
- Offensive Line: Awareness, Pass Blocking, Run Blocking, Strength, Impact Blocking (especially for RT and RG)
- Defensive Line: Speed, Acceleration, Block Shedding, Power Move/Finesse Move
- Linebackers: Speed, Acceleration, Tackle, Block Shedding, Play Recognition, Pursuit
- Cornerback: Speed, Man Coverage, Zone Coverage, Press
- Free Safety: Speed, Zone Coverage
- Strong Safety: Play Recognition, Zone Coverage, Pursuit, Hit Power
Is this everything?
No, you should focus on the skills mentioned above, but also look at the greater picture. Take a look at a good rating and good traits you want the player to have. Also keep your playing style in mind. You will have to know what kind of player suits your playing style the best.